Sibling DNA Testing – $129

Results in as little as one business day

Examples of Sibling DNA Test Results

order a sibling dna test

RETURN TO THE SIBLING DNA TESTING PAGE

Sibling DNA Test Result Example

Sibling DNA test results are shown on a single page. This example shows that two individuals are NOT full siblings.

In full sibling DNA testing the results are based on a probability, or likelihood, that two or more siblings share the same biological mother and father. According to AABB standards, a conclusive range is a 90.9% or greater (all the way to 99.99%) probability of the tested relationship. Each sibling test result we do varies in the percentages listed, as no two siblings share the exact same DNA (except identical twins).

When the percentage derived from the laboratory shows a 9.0% or lower probability of the relationship (the lowest being 0%), the results show that the relationship of full siblingship is not supported by the genetic evidence from the DNA samples, so the likelihood that a half sibling relationship exists between the two siblings would be the finding.

Half sibling DNA testing also has the results are based on a likelihood that two or more siblings share either a biological mother (maternal half siblingship) or a biological father (paternal half siblings). As in full sibling testing, AABB guidelines show a conclusive range is a 90.9% or greater (all the way to 99.99%) probability of the tested relationship.  It is uncommon for the final result on an exclusion to be 0% as 99.9% entire human genome is shared by all humans, so a small percentage of probability may show even when the relationship does not exist.

If the percentage derived from the laboratory is 90.9% or greater (the highest being 99.99+%), the results would show that the relationship of half siblingship is supported by the genetic evidence from the DNA samples, so the likelihood that a half sibling relationship exists between the two siblings would be the conclusion. If the probability is 9.0% or lower, then the genetic evidence would indicate the two individuals are most likely are not half siblings.